Summary: This blog introduces the meaning of Photoshop outline text and provides you with simple methods on how to outline text in Photoshop.
When you are creating a new poster, a stunning headline text is crucial to catch people’s attention. To make the text more creative and charming, outline text in Photoshop can give you a new experience. But how to outline text in Photoshop? Pro guide will tell you!
This blog will focus on how to outline text in Photoshop and teach you in detail step by step. I will provide you with more suggestions about creating more stunning outline text, including vector format, hollow font, and an easy add-text tool.
Adding text to images is a quite normal feature in Photoshop. Also, you can find massive font styles and you can add new fonts in Photoshop. But while you are creating or designing something, you need something more creative and charming thing to decorate your text. That is Photoshop text outline!
Learning to outline text will make your text stand out and attract lots of attention. The outline effect will obviously emphasize the content of your text and make it legible.
In 3 steps you can easily handle the key of outline text Photoshop. Follow the steps and learn now!
1. Open Photoshop and click the text feature on the left toolbar. Tap the picture to create a text and write the text.
2. After writing the text, move the mouse pointer to the lower-right layer area, right-click the red 1, and the options box appears. Left-click “Blending Options”.
3. Choose “Stroke” to adjust the “Size, Position, Blend Mode, Opacity”, and then click “OK”.
Now, you have finished the outline text, it is so easy! Still feel hard? Never mind, there is an easier way for beginners to operate, keep reading!
If you have learned how to outline text in Photoshop, I can tell you that Photoshop outlining text without fill is super easy for you with one step. Find the “Fill” on the function page in the lower right corner, and follow the picture below to change the “Fill” from 100% to 0%. That’s so easy!
If you have finished outline text in Photoshop, it is also easy for you to convert it as a vector. Just follow the pictures under with one step, you can learn it soon!
Only one step: Move the mouse pointer to the text layer, and right-click to choose “Convert to Shape”.
And then it is ok, you can save the vector text to use now!
Photoshop with its high learning curve and complex features has perplexed many beginners. If you still find it hard on how to add stroke to text in Photoshop, never mind, I will introduce an easy tool for you to use.
Fotor is a free online photo editor and you can use it to easily add text to images and add stroke to text. It offers multiple styles of text strokes and lets you customize the look of your text with various font styles and colors. Whether you're looking to add a subtle outline or make a statement with bold strokes, Fotor has got you covered.
Let me tell you how to outline text on Fotor
1. Click “Create Outline Text Now” to open Fotor graphic designer. And upload the photo you need to add text.
2. Click “Text” on the left toolbar and choose basic text or “Text Effect” to add text. Tap the text box to write text content.
3. Click the “Effect” on the top toolbar, and choose the outline text style you want.
4. Adjust the “Color, Linear, Radical” features as you like. After your finish adjustment, you can download the image in high-quality JPG, PDF, and PNG formats.
After reading the whole passage, I believe you have learned the method of how to outline text in Photoshop in an easy way. Also, the pro guide helps you use outline text as a vector format and without fill. The Fotor graphic designer I recommend is easier than Photoshop to use, try to use it now. And I will keep updating more useful tutorials for you guys! Thanks for reading!