Just begin your journey on YouTube? Be sure to make an attention-grabbing banner image for your YouTube channel. A YouTube banner is a cover photo or header image that appears on the top of your YouTube channel, the most prominent thing first-time viewers see when they visit your channel. For this reason, having a custom YouTube banner that makes a good first impression is strongly recommended.
To help you create a pro-looking YouTube banner easily and quickly, we provide you with a huge library of professionally designed YouTube banner templates in various themes and styles. No matter what your channel is about- sports, comedy, fashion, beauty, gaming, food, or lifestyle focus, you’ll easily find the right fit for your channel. Beyond that, YouTube banner templates are 100% customizable, and our powerful YouTube banner maker makes it simple for you to edit the template to suits your specific needs. No design experience or skills are required.
With Fotor's online YouTube banner maker, you can design and create YouTube banner designs like a pro, even if you’re a design newbie.
1. Open www.fotor.com in your web browser, then choose the "YouTube Channel Art" template layout.
2. Browse through the template library or use the search bar to find a specific type of YouTube channel art templates you want. Click on the template that you like to start designing.
3. Customize the text, colors, font styles, and photos with drag-and-drop editing tools. To help people quickly understand what type of videos you're creating, you can add a short description about your channel, a tagline, and even your posting schedule on the banner.
4. You'll find all the design elements you need to create banner images for YouTube. Explore millions of backgrounds, illustrations, vectors, icons, stock photos, and more. There are unlimited ways to personalize your YouTube banner.
5. Once you're happy with your YouTube banner design, download it with your desired format and you're ready to go.
Your YouTube banner looks different across different sorts of devices- mobile, desktop and TV screens. For the best results, the recommended channel art size is 2560 x 1440 pixels with an aspect ratio of 16:9, and the max file size is 6MB.
Fotor's YouTube banner templates are designed with YouTube banner image guidelines in mind so that you never have to worry about whether your banner will get cropped or stretched when uploading to YouTube.
How to change YouTube banner on computer:
1. Sign in to YouTube.com. Select your profile picture and select the "Your channel" tab.
2. Once you've clicked on "Your channel", you’ll land on your YouTube channel.
3. Click on the camera icon on the top right of your channel banner to open your YouTube studio.
4. Under the "Banner image" tab, you'll see two options- "Change" and "Remove". The "Change" option allows you to change your banner image, and the "Remove" option allows you to delete your existing banner image.
5. Click on the "Change" button to upload a banner image from your computer. You'll see a preview of how your banner image will appear across different devices. You can also make changes to crop the banner or adjust the image position.
6. Once you're done adjusting your banner image, click on "Done" then click on the "Publish" button to apply the changes.
How to change YouTube banner on mobile:
Change YouTube banner on mobile is slightly different.
1. Open your YouTube app and tap your profile picture.
2. Tap "Your channel" and tap "EDIT CHANNEL".
3. Tap the camera icon on the top right of your banner image.
4. Then you can choose to take a photo or upload a YouTube channel art from your photo gallery.
5. Tap SAVE.